Daisypath Wedding tickers

Monday, August 30, 2010

Bridal Shower

This weekend was great! I had my bridal shower on Saturday and it was just amazing! The decorations and food were unbelieveable! I couldn't believe that it was all done in my honor -- and Dru's :o)

Dru and I received a lot of very nice gifts. When I got home, mom and I went to cleaning the house and re-organizing the kitchen so that I could display most of the gifts! I was in my element at that point! We had a blast!

Did I mention that my mom came in from BC just to be with me on this day!?! Well - she came for other events too (like Amy's b-day and H&K's 2nd b-day) but - I'm being selfish and saying it was all for me :o)

We are having a blast and I wish I had more time to spend with her while she's here. We are soon going to make rappie pie (can't wait)!!!!

In other wedding news - Krista is really pulling things together. We met with Mary Z. who is going to do all of the flowers for the wedding and I can't thank her enough. We met with the D.J. and gave him all of the songs we would like to hear at the wedding, and candy is starting to be purchased!

In Dru news - he is still hanging out at 20ml/prednisone. We were hoping to have him off of that b/f the wedding but the doctors are affraid to push his body into taking 20 or less. Dru is going thru another set of tests and may have to have another liver biopsy (ouch) soon. He has requested that this be done after the wedding but it is really in the hands of his doctors. We pray everyday that he gets better and that we can move past this and have it be something we reflect on years from now. I remember when people use to say to me "your health is the best gift you've every had" I would usually just agree and go about my merry way. Well - after dealing with Dru's medical mystery I can't help but appreciate my own health and the health of my family members. Anywho - just something I've been really thinking about lately.

Love you all and if you haven't sent in your response cards - DO IT NOW :o) ...or at least by September 10th!

1 comment:

  1. I still haven't gotten my invitation, but you can count us three in!

    ReplyDelete